It’s actually been done* a while now, but here are a few photos. We are really pleased with the finished result, good choice of tiles and colour (which is a relief). One annoyance: the noisy extractor fan but it’ll do for now!
* except for blinds, better loo-roll holder, a shelf and a picture or two.
Everything is installed and working, just a few finishing touches and cleaning up to do now!
The first day of our bathroom renovation saw a LOT of destruction. The entire bathroom was stripped out in a day, right down to bare walls!
Weirdly the room feels tiny now. Lets see what tomorrow brings.
Just a bit of fun, here’s our house and extension in 3D animated glory! All modelled in SolidWorks and rendered in PhotoView 360. Click the HD icon for better quality.
The dining room fireplace was no longer in use, we had the chimney capped but we wanted to keep the fireplace as a decorative feature, here’s how it went…
Firstly, here’s an old photo of the old fireplace, from pre-extension days. Nasty.
First we removed the old wooden surround and painted it. We wanted the paint to match the colour of the Wickes Heritage Grey units in the kitchen, and found that Farrow and Ball French Gray was good (maybe exact?) match.
Once the fire surround was removed we ripped out the old fireback and hearth:
Boarded out the opening:
After this we had a cream marble hearth fitted professionally.
We then ordered some decorative logs from The Little Log Company, and mounted them on a board that snugly fits in the fireplace opening:
We sanded and filled the holes in the plasterboard on the inner fireplace surround, then painted it using a metallic gold paint. Once that was dry we inserted the board with the logs mounted to it, then attached some beading which had been cut to fit with a mitre saw and painted gold – this hides the rough edges of the plasterboard. Here’s the end result, complete with the painted fire surround: